Ann Curry is calling on people all over the world to do 26 random acts of kindness for each of the people killed in Sandy Hook Elementary School. Here's some inspiration from people who have already begun:
1. "Let my 4-year-old pick a car to leave flowers on at Walgreens."
3. "Day 2: 100% tip for a server at one of my favorite lunch spots!"
4. "Instead of asking Santa for something, they brought him a Starbucks gift card."
5. "First act of kindness: paying for the car behind us crossing over the bridge."
6. "An amazing woman just came in and did this & tipped us $20. There are beautiful people in the world."
7. "Felt awesome to leave this on a car in the parking lot today. Not life changing but kindness is contagious."
8. "Day 1: A latte for the kind security guard who stands outside our building, rain or shine, making sure we are safe."
9. "This notecard and $ was given to my son today this afternoon by a complete stranger
. What an amazing idea. I plan on joining in and paying it forward."
10. "I can't help anyone financially, so I'm visiting people."
11. "Random act of kindness #1"
12. "Bringing comfort food to wounded warriors."
13. "Just paid off three families Toys R Us bills, hoping to heal the world with each random act of kindness."
14. "Jack Maxton Used Cars is joining 26 acts by donating 26 toys honoring victims of Sandy Hook."
15. "Students made a sign for our custodian who gives 110% at school and has a wife battling cancer."
16. "#4 came when we visited the local firehouse to deliver a teddy bear our 4 year old picked out for their Toys For Tots drive. We thanked the young man and made sure he passed on our appreciation for the work all of his fellow first responders do."
17. "We made cookies for our firemen and even got to play dress up."
18. "We're sending 26 blankets."
19. "A simple one. If this doesn't make you smile, I don't know what would."
20. "26 cuddly toys for the children's ward at Torbay Hospital."
21. "I am a teacher in Connecticut and I was the recipient of a #26Acts today from one of my 7th-graders."
23. "I'm in."
24. "Over halfway there! Just left $10 in my favorite childhood book."
25. "Seattle Children's Hospital donation. #26acts"
26. "The custodian is using tape to hold his shoes together. He works hard and deserves new shoes."
"He was so grateful. His eyes were filled with tears."
For those interested, here's a check sheet you can use:
It is coming up on the 1st anniversary since my first visit to an ashram. I took a trip by myself in January of 2011 not knowing what to expect to this place called Yogaville. The drive was about 4 ...
In the past 2 years I have experienced the delights of visiting Thailand and being bowled over by their inherent sense of beauty and creativity to their humble way of life and their desire to please...
The New Orleans Saints quarterback told CBS' 'Person to Person' in an interview to air on Friday that the donation will come through the Dream Foundation he runs with his wife, Brittany. Brees says ...